Android Options

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
Philleann

Android Options

Post by Philleann »

Hello,

For those that are Android users I have found FluidSynth-Midi to work well with my Galaxy Note 9. There is a free version available on Google Play.
I know Latency can be a problem on Android devices, but FluidSynth seems to work great with Warbl.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Android Options

Post by admin »

Thanks, that's good to know. I had another report as well that FluidSynth is best in terms of latency. For those looking for more information, this site has latency results for many combinations of devices and operating systems, and an app that lets you test the latency on your device:

https://superpowered.com/latency
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
ubizmo

Post by ubizmo »

I just want to add my vote for FluidSynth. On my OnePlus 6T it's very responsive, with less lag than ThumbJam (which is already very good) on my iPad mini, despite the OnePlus 6T being rated as having far more latency.The places where you can notice lag are fast rolls and other ornaments. They pop right out on FluidSynth, and also on CelticSounds on iPad, but they can get a bit blurred on ThumbJam.

Unfortunately, without a headphone jack, there's no easy way to pipe the sound to a real speaker, except using BlueTooth. I haven't tried that yet, but I'm pretty sure it will add that latency back in. There are "USB-C splitter" adapters but I have no idea if they would work for this sort of thing.
ubizmo

Post by ubizmo »

For the record, I"ve ordered a gadget that promises to let me play WARBL into my Android phone and send the sound out via aux cable. I should have it tomorrow and I'll report back on how it works.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cool, thanks! I’ll be curious to hear how it works.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
ubizmo

Post by ubizmo »

Quick update: It doesn't work. The phone fails to detect the WARBL.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oh, that's too bad. Hopefully someone will find one that works.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz