Proposed longer WARBL version for pipers

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Proposed longer WARBL version for pipers

Post by admin »

Thanks Will, I'll let you know when it's ready. The WARBL Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/WARBLmusic/
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill »

Great , i just needed to follow. Interesting suction device on your router? What is that?!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks! That’s actually just an air blast to blow dust out of the way, which helps keep the cutter cool, extending its life and making the cuts a little cleaner.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
elbowpipe

Post by elbowpipe »

Having got my WARBL back in April, I wish I had seen this discussion as I would have held off until the longer version became available. Have you considered the possibility of swapping new for old or some other arrangement?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Could you send me an email at info@warbl.xyz? We can certainly figure something out. Thanks!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
danjcla

Post by danjcla »

elbowpipe wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:19 pm Having got my WARBL back in April, I wish I had seen this discussion as I would have held off until the longer version became available. Have you considered the possibility of swapping new for old or some other arrangement?
I (and I'm sure others) would be interested in used instruments if the price was right. Or if it's not too annoying / would be profitable, WARBL could do a buy-back and then sell tested / lightly reconditioned if necessary instruments.

But perhaps just a used forum where people could post interest in used intraments and their used instruments for sale would be enough.

(I'm saving up for a WARBL, at $125 at the moment.)
danjcla

Post by danjcla »

Random thought: a larger version might also be nifty for hardware hackers, esp. if things were laid out with the idea that people may want to add their own boards and batteries, I'm thinking for playing with wireless, but I'm sure there are other features things hardware hackers might like to have the possibility of adding, e.g. tech is probably there to add onboard sounds, tiny speakers, etc.
danjcla

Post by danjcla »

Just want to check - is this the product that became a straight-out replacement for the original product on 5/6/20 orders and later, or is this discussing something else that is not yet available?

"""
New: Starting with orders placed 5/6/20, WARBL has slightly longer hole spacing, identical to that on a standard great highland bagpipes practice chanter. The length will still feel comfortable for whistle players. You can see the new hole spacing here. https://warbl.xyz/img/length-comparison.jpg
"""
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

That's correct, the currently available version as of 5/20 is the one discussed in this thread, with GHB hole spacing.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Gbisaga

Post by Gbisaga »

Hi Andrew, I love my warbl, great product! I’m learning to play the uilleann pipes with it. Is this longer chanter still something you’re thinking about doing?