WARBL for Windows?

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
MontyFlange

Re: WARBL for Windows?

Post by MontyFlange »

You can also try an Android Emulator.

https://www.andyroid.net/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good idea!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here's a video I made about installing and setting up Sforzando for WARBL: https://youtu.be/6sdFDlUcr04
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
eldon

Post by eldon »

Hi

I have just recieved my WARBL and I'm struggling to get it to play on Windows 10.

I have updated the Firmware and the configure page seems to be working correctly.

I have installed 2 programs Universal Piper and Sforzando. In both programs the most I have been able to achieve is a single note when blowing into the WARBL. I have not been able to get it perform anything else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks

Eldon
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Eldon,

The WARBL would have come with the most recent firmware so it probably wasn’t necessary to update, but that’s okay that you did. It sounds like the sensors possibly aren’t calibrated correctly. When you are connected to the Configuration Tool and you cover the toneholes, do they all turn blue in the diagram at the bottom of the page? If not, you can recalibrate them following the procedure in this video:

https://youtu.be/R7Xl5Db8QDM

Just let me know if that doesn’t solve the issue.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
eldon

Post by eldon »

Hi Andrew,

I get the appropriate repsonse on the Calibration section of the Configuration page of the holes on the screen lighting up blue when they were covered on the WARBL.

I'll look at that video later and see if that offers anything new.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, good-- it sounds like the WARBL is being recognized properly by Windows and is calibrated. One thing to be aware of, which I mention in the video, is that on Windows a MIDI device can only be connected to one MIDI app at a time. So, if you've connected to the Configuration Tool (or another MIDI app) you'll need to close it, unplug the WARBL for good measure, and then open either SForzando or Universal Piper.

You can also try turning on the poor-quality sound in the Configuration Tool first to see if you're getting the expected notes there. There's also the MIDI Console in there that will show you what MIDI notes you are playing-- that might be the best initial way to determine whether the WARBL is only sending one note or the other apps are only responding with one note for some reason.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
eldon

Post by eldon »

Thanks Andrew.

I hadn't appreciated the need to close down any open Midi programs. Unplugging it and plugging it back in also seemed to help.

Thanks again

Eldon