Sessions!

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
elbowpipe

Sessions!

Post by elbowpipe »

Has anyone taken his WARBL into a session? I suspect there are challenges with this. At present, even if I line-in from headphone jack on my iPhone to a bluetooth speaker capable of playing music on my phone pretty loudly, I'm not achieving a volume capable of matching (say) a fiddle. This is even with "Force Max Velocity" switched on. I'm sure a proper PA setup would work, but I was kind of hoping for a Lo-Fi solution.
elbowpipe

Re: Sessions!

Post by elbowpipe »

In case anyone has a similar query, the answer is probably hooking up from iPhone/iPad to a Roland Micro-cube. I'm using a little guitar amp which is pretty loud.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cool, thanks! I suspect some of the other small external speakers would be loud enough too. I have a small Bose one that gets quite loud. One thing that is for certain is that you can’t connect by Bluetooth, because the latency is far too great.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
danjcla

Post by danjcla »

If you want super-lo-fi, google "acoustic iphone amplifier" - they do around +10dB - but you won't be able to use the iPhone easily while you are using one, so you'd need to be sure you can make any changes you need mid-session via the WARBL buttons. If it is loud enough it might be a good option, esp. for performances, as some of them are super-beautiful.

Also, if it's a session with someone else who already has an amp'ed instrument, you could get one of numerous super-tiny mixers and piggyback on their equipment.