Step by step Uilleann Pipe Set up with quality sound

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
Seán Nós

Step by step Uilleann Pipe Set up with quality sound

Post by Seán Nós »

Hi everyone, I’m new to WARBL, MIDI & this lovely forum. I have commissioned a full set of Uilleann pipes & bought the WARBL to increase practice playing time on GHB as well.

Would love to get a walk through with someone tech savvy.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Seán
admin
Site Admin

Re: Step by step Uilleann Pipe Set up with quality sound

Post by admin »

Hi Seán, I'm happy to help in whatever way I can. I think the uilleann sounds in the Celtic Sounds MIDI Module app are great, and the app is very intuitive and inexpensive, so I would suggest starting with that if you have an iOS device. If you have a different device I can make some suggestions.

Choosing "instrument 2" in the Configuration Tool and then setting that as the default instrument will get you mostly set up for using WARBL with uilleann fingering. Then, if using a bag (presumably you are), it will help to select "Learn or enter pressure", in the "Note Trigger and Register Control" panel and enter a pressure of around 2 (for starters). Then, click "Advanced" , and then select "bag defaults". That will make the pressure range more suitable for using the bag.

Finally, if you want to control the drones in Celtic Sounds you can select "Use Secret Button" in the drones control section, which will turn the drones on/off by pressing button 1 while covering the right-hand index-finger hole.

Don't forget to save your settings after making the above changes.

Again, I'm happy to help with any of this or with other questions.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz