warbl midi cc output

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
Moon-spy

warbl midi cc output

Post by Moon-spy »

Hi Andrew, I have a question about my warbl.
I have my warbl configured to send pressure data as midi cc2 on channel 1.
I have connected warbl to "midox" (a windows midi utility) to see the output with a view to fine adjustment of the mapping.
In addition to the expected note on/off, pitch bend and cc 2 data on channel 1, I am seeing midi data on channel 7.
I am seeing midi cc 72/73 responding to covering and uncovering the holes as well midi cc 74/76 responding to changes in pressure.
Is this expected behavior?
Moon-spy

Re: warbl midi cc output

Post by Moon-spy »

The channel 7 events are only occuring after connecting warbl to the web configurator. (in chrome on win7).
I cannot reproduce this on linux as chromium browser does not seem to play nicely with midi. hence using windows to configure warbl.
Just currious.
admin
Site Admin

Re: warbl midi cc output

Post by admin »

Good question! Those CC messages on channel 7 are how WARBL communicates with the Configuration Tool. It starts sending them when you connect, and will continue sending them until you unplug WARBL. My hope was that choosing that channel and range of CC messages wouldn't cause a problem for most people, but it can be confusing if you see them and don't know what they are for. If you want to monitor other CC messages with seeing those as well, you can save any changes you've made in the Configuration Tool, unplug WARBL, and plug it in again without connecting to the Confoguration Tool.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz