Newby Question

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
Jumpin’

Newby Question

Post by Jumpin’ »

Hi,

I haven’t ordered a WARBL, yet, since I’m trying to solve issues before I have them. That way, I can start doing music ASAP when the unit arrives. I’m not a total Luddite, but I am pretty MIDI ignorant.

Question #1. Will the WARBL plug directly into a USB 2 input on a MacBook Pro?

Question #2. Can someone suggest a USB to lightning link that also has a headphone jack? One that would have a charger unit built in would help. The links on the WARBL site are dead ends.

Thanks a million,

Jim
admin
Site Admin

Re: Newby Question

Post by admin »

Good questions.

Question 1: MacBook Pros have USB-C ports rather than the larger USB-A ports, so you would need an adapter like this Apple one or a generic alternative: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M ... sb-adapter

You could probably find many less expensive alternatives on Amazon, etc., and any of those should work.

By the way, Apple calls the ports "Thunderbolt 3", but they're basically USB-C ports.

Question 2: Sorry, those links on Amazon constantly change, so I have trouble keeping them updated. This adapter for iOS looks like the one I have that works well for me. The key is that it says in the description that it works with MIDI keyboards:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z61HMCG/re ... NrPXRydWU=
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Jumpin’

Post by Jumpin’ »

Thanks,Andrew. This is an older Mac—2012—so the USB port is different. USB2 is what the configuration details say. So, the USB on the WARBL will plug right in, right?
2Dog

Post by 2Dog »

If it is a usb A then it will plug right in without any adapter. Make sure you use the cable that comes with the WARBL as not all similar looking cables are the same.
Jumpin’

Post by Jumpin’ »

Thanks, 2Dog. That’s good to know.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry Jumpin', I didn't see your reply until just now, but that's correct, if you have the larger USB-A ports WARBL will plug right in and should be immediately recognized as a MIDI device.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz