Using as a bass instrument.

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
123dwight

Using as a bass instrument.

Post by 123dwight »

My WARBL arrived yesterday. I think this is going to be fun! Can I share a tip that might be of interest to someone?

Soundfonts might not play in range outside of the instrument they were patterned after. Rather than trying to turn a flute into a bass instrument, try downloading a soundfont from a real bass instrument such as bassoon or tuba. Now, use the buttons on the back of the WARBL to change octaves until you are in the correct range for the instrument you are trying to simulate. I actually did a contrabassoon last night and it was so cool!

I'm probably not part of the intended demographic for people buying a WARBL. I'm not a whistle player (yet). I just thought it would be cool to play a simple instrument that makes some rather extreme sounds. I'm not going to spend $40,000 to by a contrabassoon and spend 20 years learning to play it. WARBL gives some of that experience without the cost and commitment of the real thing. By the time I'm done, I might become a real whistle player as well.

Dwight