USB cable

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
gonzoB

USB cable

Post by gonzoB »

Feedback for future...

I really like the braided USB cable that comes with the WARBL. It does, however, have one drawback - it's very stiff in torsion. What happens is if there is a twist in the cable and you play an "all fingers off" note, the instrument tries to twist. Biting the mouthpiece (like a sax) helps, but I've found that a plastic coated cable works better.

The braided cable is so sensitive that if I plug the cable into a horizontal USB slot directly in front of me it's ok, If the slot is at right angles (ie. on the left or right of me) that 90deg twist is enough to twist the instrument. The same happens if the slot is vertical. This doesn't happen with my other wind controllers because they are so much heavier than the WARBL.

It's only ever an issue with the "all fingers off".

Gonzo
---------------------------
Gonzo Projects Page: https://gonzos.net/projects
admin
Site Admin

Re: USB cable

Post by admin »

Thanks for this suggestion. I chose that particular cable for durability, but a few others have mentioned that a more flexible cable might be better. I'll do some research and see what I can find as an alternative.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
fhenryco

Re: USB cable

Post by fhenryco »

I have the same issue. I plan to "weight" my warbl to give it more stability. The charge will be in a 3D printed kind of keel.