Bug / user error. UP fingering c# sometimes flipps and gives c

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
elbowpipe

Re: Bug / user error. UP fingering c# sometimes flipps and gives c

Post by elbowpipe »

That version of the firmware fixed the C# problem with no knock-on effects that I can hear. The triplet thing is a matter of familiarisation with the stick I believe. Thanks so much Andrew for the quick turn-around!
fhenryco

Post by fhenryco »

Hello,

I have given up trying to remain as close as possible to the fingerings of the recorder soprano appart for the non accidental notes, and i'm looking for a completely new ideal fingering from a purely technical point of view and L1 seems to be one of the most agile finger and probably one of the best choice to trigger flats and sharps at least for the lower notes.

so i'm going to try something like that (reprogramming the arduino through the IDE) :
C : xxx xxxx
C# : oxx xxxx
D : xxx xxxo
D# : oxx xxxo

... dont know what was the conclusion of other people as for what is the best universal fingering for a wind controller for som one not already completely addicted to real instrument fingerings ...
fhenryco

Post by fhenryco »

Arduino : 1.8.16 (Linux), Carte : "Adafruit ItsyBitsy 32u4 3V 8MHz"

At first try i get a compilation error (i modified nothing in the project) :

/home/henry/warbl-master/warbl_firmware/functions.ino: In function 'int get_note(unsigned int)':
functions:414:21: error: crosses initialization of 'uint8_t leftmost'
uint8_t leftmost = findleftmostunsetbit(tempCovered); //here we find the index of the leftmost uncovered hole, which will be used to determine the note from the chart.
^
exit status 1
crosses initialization of 'uint8_t leftmost'

Sorry to ask for help, since i probably did something wrong... i have little experience in arduino programming
but a few years ago i tested a lot of sketches as a user
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Did you only change things in the finering chart, or did you also change something in "get_note" function? It looks like something is going wrong in the switch case statements in that function. I do see a possible error that I made there involving a variable declaration, though I'm not sure why it would crop up now. If it's possible to attach the "funtions/ino" file here I can try to fix it.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
fhenryco

Post by fhenryco »

I did no modification , neither in the fingering nor anywhere else as in a first step i wanted to check that everything works as i downloaded it from https://github.com/amowry/warbl
Attachments
functions.txt
(86.69 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
fhenryco

Post by fhenryco »

i had to change the extension to attach it
fhenryco

Post by fhenryco »

"I'm not sure why it would crop up now"
It might be related to different versions of the compiler or different options, i found this comment in a forum:

"In the Arduino IDE, enable File > Preferences > Compiler Warnings > "ALL" and you should see the warnings. The IDE runs the compiler with the -fpermissive option, which causes some errors (such as this) to instead be flagged as warnings. This was implemented years ago to maintain compatibility with older libraries when an update to the compiler started flagging certain things as errors that were previously only warnings."

but for me the error is still there after changing options
fhenryco

Post by fhenryco »

I suspected something wrong because of an already present old install of arduino IDE so i cleaned everything and reinstalled everything.
Probably it solved the problem (i apologize for the inconvenience) because now i have a different unrelated error :

home/henry/arduino-1.8.16/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino/USBCore.h:99:29: error: "20" may not appear in macro parameter list
#define USB_CONFIG_POWER_MA(20) ((mA)/2)

i remember that before modifying the line, it was
#define USB_CONFIG_POWER_MA(mA) ((mA)/2)

so may be mA is defined elsewhere ?
fhenryco

Post by fhenryco »

I asked the question:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/700 ... 1_70061851

so may be you should add this line somewhere in your code before the inclusion

#define USB_CONFIG_POWER (20)
and keep as it is the USBCore.h file

but i will wait for a confirmation before trying to upload anything to the warbl
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay-- thanks for researching this. I have a slightly older version of the IDE, which is probably why I haven't seen this yet. I'll try to update my version and test it out this week, though with the holiday here I'm not sure how much time I'll have. In the meantime, it sounds like you could try just adding that line to the "warbl_firmware" file in the beginning where all the other defines are.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz