New owner getting used to WARBL

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
grobin

New owner getting used to WARBL

Post by grobin »

I have had my WARBL for just 4 or 5 days now. At first I thought I had made a mistake. However, I stuck with it and spent a significant amount of time reading the help info AND the videos until I started understanding the configuration page. I am a whistler. And what interested me was that the WARBL was exactly what I needed. My wife hates me playing my "real" whistles - and I admit I play a lot. Anyhow, after playing with the Warble for 4+ days I am really getting to like it. It may save my marriage too. :lol:

One problem, however, is that the usb cable is too stiff and makes it difficult to play at times as it pulls the whistle one way or the other and I lose my holding position. I see other posts on the forum where others have noted this already. I think a more flexible cable would help a lot.

Anyway, Yesterday I spent 6 hours (retired) playing with my WARBLE and really starting to love it a lot. My wife loves it too - because she can't hear it. Thanks for making the WARBL.
WayneCl

Re: New owner getting used to WARBL

Post by WayneCl »

I've received my WARBL today in Manchester, England, seven days from placing the order, which is remarkably quick. Thank you! I'm just setting it up and working out its quirks and how to get the sound I want through both PC and Android.
I'm looking forward to getting used to it and enjoying making music.
grobin

Post by grobin »

5 days after my initial comment Above) I have fell in love with the WARBL. I have played this instrument for 3-4 hours every night and really starting to get the hang of it. Playing mostly tunes out of O’Neill’s Music of Ireland. This instrument is a keeper! For years my wife has complained about my obsession with playing whistles and now I can play for hours without bothering her. Thank you WARBL!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks folks, I'm delighted that you're enjoying them! Thanks for the input about the cable-- I have tested some other ones but I'm still worried about the durability of some of them. Many of the really flexible USB cables that you see are for charging only and so won't work with WARBL (they are more flexible because they contain fewer wires). However, I'll continue my search! Thanks again!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
WayneCl

Post by WayneCl »

I've switched to a different cable - just a standard USB cable I had at home. It works fine and is more flexible than the supplied cable. It's probably not as durable as the high quality cable that came with the WARBL but it's better for my needs.
grobin

Post by grobin »

The more I use my WARBL the more I love it. I have been spending 4+ hours every evening since I got my WARBL and use it on the whistle sounds. I am just thrilled on how well it works for me - being able to practice my whistle playing and NOT bother my wife. (and henceforth not see her frown and scowl). BTW, I am retired so that is how I have the extra time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great! I’m glad you’re enjoying it!!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz