WARBL Christmas List

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
bridgeshome

WARBL Christmas List

Post by bridgeshome »

I love my WARBL and hope not to get flamed for the following, but here’s what this lifelong, acoustic musician would love for Christmas:
1. A sequential series of video tutorials on all things WARBL, starting from unboxing right up to navigating all aspects of the WARBL Configuration Tool and various technique tips for authentic sounds on various instrument options.
2. A more streamlined option for using WARBL onstage. I dream of a simple plug-and-play interface (stomp box?) that would allow for quick instrument changes.
Just dreamin’ out loud!
Happy holidays, all, and thanks for such a great tool for making music.
admin
Site Admin

Re: WARBL Christmas List

Post by admin »

Thanks for these suggestions! While I can't always find the time to implement all the suggestions I receive, I do always appreciate the input.

Making more videos has been right at the top of my list for a while. I was actually leaning toward a series of PDFs with screenshots, but if you think videos would be more useful maybe I'll take that route instead. I made ones for SForzando and Respiro last year, and I'd like to do ones for Celtic Sounds and the various bagpipe apps, focusing on the setup for different combinations of fingering and sounds, controlling drones, changing keys, etc.

The performance setup is a bit beyond my scope/knowledge, but I believe because a lot of musicians use iPads and/or Macs for performance there are probably some good solutions out there in terms of managing and controlling MIDI apps and amplification. Unfortunately I don't have good suggestions for where to begin with that :(. I can do some research, though.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
bridgeshome

Post by bridgeshome »

Thanks, Andrew!
You’re always great about support and that is much appreciated.
A big Yes on videos - and they double as effective marketing vehicles. 😉
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, here’s the first installment! This may be terminally boring for 99% of humans, but this is the unboxing video. I tried to answer some of the common questions that I get. The next video (probably week) will be basic setup with Celtic Sounds, and then getting into more advanced setup and navigating the Configuration Tool.

https://youtu.be/HQfeAQL9QWo
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Here's the next one (Celtic Sounds basics):

https://youtu.be/eCe5AVlOEOI
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz