What do people use to carry their Warbls?

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
sebwin

What do people use to carry their Warbls?

Post by sebwin »

Hi Warblers!

I’d like to carry my Warbl (and possibly my iOS camera adapter and usb cable) in my backpack.
Has anyone found any clever cases/storage solutions for this?
I’m currently using the box it came in, but it’s cardboard and would ideally like something a bit more robust as it will get scuffed easily.

Thankyou :-)
justforthemusic

Re: What do people use to carry their Warbls?

Post by justforthemusic »

Hi!

I had the same problem with my whistles, because I like to take them with me when hiking. I always liked the robust plastic case my low whistle came in, which you can also slide together until it fixates the whistle (at the top of the picture). It took some searching but I finally found something similar for my smaller whistles and I just checked, the Warbl and cable fit perfectly (middle of the picture). Alternatively you can also use soft tin whistle or recorder cases (bottom), which will not protect the instrument as well.

tinwhistle.jpg
tinwhistle.jpg (83.96 KiB) Viewed 963 times
I found this quite robust case in art supplies as a brush case (you may also find it as a packaging or storage tube). As I mentioned, you can slide it together, it "clicks" every few millimeters, so you can adjust the length of the case and fixate the whistle lightly. I also put some foam material into each end for protection against damage.

brushcase.jpg
brushcase.jpg (34.16 KiB) Viewed 963 times
Another tip, which has worked for me in the past, is check with your local music store and bring the instrument in question. There are a lot of recorder and flute cases out there which might fit your needs.

Finally: Of course you always have to open a plastic case when at home to let the moisture out :)

Bernhard