Sliding

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
bwalker

Sliding

Post by bwalker »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but nothing is showing up when I search the forum. I have used the very handy warbl configuration that was posted on this forum for tin whistle and it's great. But one thing that doesn't seem to work no matter what I do is the slide feature. I'm using FluidSynth MIDI on my android. Of course I have slide and vibrato selected on my configuration but it doesn't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sliding

Post by admin »

Interesting—does the vibrato work with FluidSynth? Is there a place in the FluidSynth settings that allows you to set the pitchbend semitones? If so, that should be set to “2”.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
bwalker

Post by bwalker »

Hi Andrew, I sent a reply but I don't see it. so, here goes again. I think FluidSynth is very limited. I looked in settings and all it has under Reverb is Damping, Width, Level. Then under chorus is has Nr, Level, Speed, Depth.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, there may not be a pitchbend setting. Does vibrato work with FluidSynth, or does neither vibrato nor sliding work? Also, if it's possible to attach here or email me a screenshot of your settings in the Configuration Tool, we could rule out any possible issues there. Thanks!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

Sliding works fine for me with the Android app, and the max pitchbend is 2 semitones.

Of course, if you want to change that max setting, all you should have to do is send the appropriate MIDI CC commands with RPNs for pitchbend sensitivity. I haven't tried it, but it should work. It's a MIDI standard.

Gonzo
---------------------------
Gonzo Projects Page: https://gonzos.net/projects