New to instruments

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
DaBrain

New to instruments

Post by DaBrain »

Never played an instrument except trombone in junior high school some 40 years ago. I bought an NAF for fun and improv but would really like to hear different sounds….hence my interest in Warbl.

Is this a easy instrument to learn to play? I know a recorder is said to be the easiest but I’m drawn to technology and am no stranger to computers.

I just want to play, improv, have fun and possibly learn something new along the way.

Or am I getting in over my head?????
admin
Site Admin

Re: New to instruments

Post by admin »

In some ways the WARBL would be easier to play than something like a recorder because your blowing technique doesn't affect the quality of the sound. If your goal is to learn to play a real instrument (recorder for example), I would recommend trying that before using a WARBL (or alternating between the two) so you get a feel for the real thing. However, if your goal is just to have fun and mess around making music, the WARBL would probably be fun for you. Bear in mind that I make it, so I'm biased :). Having some computer/technology background is helpful because the trickiest aspect of using WARBL for many people is the setup rather than playing it.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz