Bell Sensor Options

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
Gubbledenut

Bell Sensor Options

Post by Gubbledenut »

Is there a way to configure the bell sensor to a bell note, so on a C recorder it will be B on an F one E ???
Would be cool to allow it to be a fourth programmable button as well...I think???
I also realise I could in theory use one of the momentary bottom options as a semitone shift that could do a similar thing as a bell note???
Still waiting on my optical sensors, but have an idea for a more adaptable design, just need the sensor itself to double check exact spacings...data sheets don't allow for solder joints!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bell Sensor Options

Post by admin »

Thanks for these suggestions-- there's currently not a way to configure the bell sensor to a note, but it seems like it's a good idea. I haven't added a lot of functionality to it because it's awkward to use unless you're using a bagpipe bag, in which case people are likely using it with the uilleann functionality. I'll keep these suggestions in mind, though. You're correct that you can also use a button in the momentary mode to get an extra note a semitone lower.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Gubbledenut

Post by Gubbledenut »

true about being awkward without a bag, but not impossible , do it with real c and d whistles to get the lower note....the momentary switch option is good but it then, understandable turns off the ability to do anything else with that button....I can work around that though ...hard to go back to the cap touch things after the warbl!
elg

Post by elg »

Please keep in mind the idea of tilt sensor plug-in for the bell sensor which we discussed in email. That would be very useful for controlling things like saxophone growl.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Will do! I’ve been mulling over any easy/cheap way to manufacture something like that.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
tellparksy

Post by tellparksy »

Hello,

I purchased my Warbl back on May 20th and have been enjoying the whistle sounds very much. I also purchased the bagpipe bag and bell sensor so I can learn to play the Uillean pipes, although I hadn't yet attempted to play them until today. It seemed that something was missing, and I'm now reading that I will also need a special right-angle micro USB cord with a slim plug(supplied with the sensor). However, I don't believe I ever received this special right-angle micro USB cord. Would you please be able to mail one to me?

Thank you.

Jeff Parks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the confusion-- for the first few years I did include a right-angle USB cord along with the bell sensor, but when COVID hit the company that was making them for me went out of business. At that point I experimented more and decided that it works just as well to bend the normal cable to the side, so I haven't been including an additional cable for the past few years. I updated some of the documentation to mention that, but I'll try to find and remove other old references to it.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz