WARBL was working with my android phone when I first got it, but now - after several months not using - it doesn't work.

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
Fiona

WARBL was working with my android phone when I first got it, but now - after several months not using - it doesn't work.

Post by Fiona »

Help!,

I'm not tech savvy at all. I tried using my warbl as a whistle as before, and it wouldn't connect (wired connection, of course) or make a sound. Green light flashed, that was all. Fluidsynth tells me it can't find a bluetooth device! (I wasn't looking for one!).

Any ideas? The instruction video I followed in the first place for setting up on android doesn't help this time.

thanks

Fiona
Fiona

Re: WARBL was working with my android phone when I first got it, but now - after several months not using - it doesn't w

Post by Fiona »

On the configuration tool, the button flashes green when I blow, so it is connected, but no sound reaches my earphones. If I play something else on my phone, sound reaches the earphones - with the warbl still connected.
Fiona

Re: WARBL was working with my android phone when I first got it, but now - after several months not using - it doesn't w

Post by Fiona »

SORRY - that's on fluid synth, not on the configuration tool.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Fioana,

Is it the green light next to channel 1 in FluidSynth that is flashing? If you haven't already done so, you'd have to make sure that you have a SoundFont assigned to that channel (it should say WARBL whistle or something like that next to the number 1, like in the attached screenshot).
Attachments
Screenshot_20220608-150032_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg
Screenshot_20220608-150032_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg (243.27 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you've already done that, let me know and I'll try to figure out what to try next. If the green light is flashing, that's a good sign because it means the WARBL is connected and working properly, so it's probably just a SoundFont issue or something like a volume setting within in FluidSynth.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

Drat - it's not flashing green on FluidSynth now.
I followed the quickstart instructions and got the trial sound Ok- so long as it was my phone's speaker not headphones.

Fluid Synth doesn't seem to actually let me choose a channel. It's a bit like 'read-only'

Fiona
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

ps - sorry -It says 'whistle' at channel one, I'd added that. It let me put Recorder on 2 just now, so, not read only!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If the green light next to channel 1 isn’t flashing when you play, you probably need to connect the WARBL to FluidSynth again. I haven’t used FluidSynth much, but if I remember correctly, you may need to choose the MIDI input (WARBL) every time you open the app.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz