Bluetooth

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
Batmandolin

Bluetooth

Post by Batmandolin »

Good afternoon,

Does anyone have contact information for Michael Eskin? I know that I have seen him post on here before and I was hoping to speak with him regarding Bluetooth midi.
I’ve been trying to use the Puc+ for my live rig but as soon as a signal comes in, it doesn’t shut off (essentially playing the D note on repeat until I close the app). Celtic sounds seems to be the only app that this happens with, as sampletank and thumbjam both work perfectly. Unfortunately, all of the sounds that I use are in Celtic sounds and I haven’t found tones that I like for any of the Celtic instruments anywhere else.
I was just curious if there was a setting that I needed to change somewhere or an update that could be made to the app.

Thanks for any help you may offer!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bluetooth

Post by admin »

Here's Michael's Appcordions site-- near the bottom you'll see an "envelope" icon which you can click to email him: https://appcordions.com/

I don't think Michael's spent much time with Bluetooth, but he may have some suggestions. I've used Celtic Sounds with other Bluetooth adapters without issue, but maybe there's some incompatibility with the PUC+. If you use a MIDI console app like MIDI Wrench, you'll be able to see exactly what messages the PUC+ is sending-- possibly there's something out of the ordinary?

By the way, in Celtic Sounds I believe you can now tap the image at the top to stop all notes that are currently playing.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Gubbledenut

Re: Bluetooth

Post by Gubbledenut »

I still have a puc+ but now only use WIDI for bluetooth midi, they are far more active and unlike put they are still developing and updating the firmware..for the warbl I use a CME WIDI uhost..it has two usb c ports one for power the other to go to the instrument..works flawlessly on all my devices, uses a warbl app on android and iOS, and native midi on the Mac laptop...