Celtic sounds App

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
CavityandLacey

Celtic sounds App

Post by CavityandLacey »

Good morning, I have had to wait a few weeks to use my WARBL as it was a gift for Christmas but now that I have it, I can’t wait to dive into all that it can do. I have a question about the Celtic sounds app. When i play the WARBL it sounds great using all of the different ‘instruments’ using the standard whistle/flute fingering option but when i try and play highland bagpipes or small pipes it will not allow me to use the whistle fingering. Is there a setting i need to change to allow me to play using whistle fingerin. The app allows me to seamlessly change between instruments all with the same fingering expect for these 2.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Celtic sounds App

Post by admin »

Hi, the smallpipes and GB sounds only respond to MIDI messages in the same range as the real bagpipes, so to send notes in that range you either need to change the key in the WARBL Configuration Tool or (probably easier) use the “MIDI Transpose Semitones” slider in Celtic Sound (the second slider from the bottom) to transpose the incoming MIDI notes up to the key of Bb. You’ll also discover that those bagpipes sounds only cover a range of one octave, like on the real instruments.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
CavityandLacey

Re: Celtic sounds App

Post by CavityandLacey »

Thank you