random notes

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
optica

random notes

Post by optica »

My Warbl now keeps generating random notes without me playing it or touching it. It seems that the breath sensor has become overly sensitive. When I do attempt to play it the notes are no longer smooth and sound as though random noise spikes are making it unplayable.
I have also just attempted to update to the most recent firmware but Malwarebytes keeps blocking your site as being suspicious.
Any help much appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: random notes

Post by admin »

Are you using a bag or mouthpiece with the WARBL? If you are using the bag, you do need to be sure to use the “Learn or enter pressure” option and set the pressure high enough so that sound won’t be triggered when you’re not squeezing the bag. If you’re using the mouthpiece, you should use the “Calibrate at startup” option and be sure not to be blowing in the mouthpiece when you plug it in, as that’s when the calibration occurs.

Sometimes moisture in the mouthpiece or cavity below the mouthpiece can also cause sound to be triggered inadvertently. Does it also happen when everything is dry?

If these suggestions don’t solve the issue feel free to email me at info(at)warbl.xyz and I’ll repair or replace the WARBL.

Is Malwarebytes preventing you from downloading the firmware, or QMKToolbox, or both? I can email those to you if you’re not able to download them.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz