not having much luck with the warblr

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
tsu

not having much luck with the warblr

Post by tsu »

this would be nice if it worked.. consistantly. don't know how many hours i spent trying to set this up with the little to no directions. finally got it going the way it should and next time doesn't work. starting from scratch over and over. sigh
admin
Site Admin

Re: not having much luck with the warblr

Post by admin »

I’m sorry to hear about these issues you’re having, and I’m happy to help. Could you describe in detail what isn’t working and let me know what device you’re using it with? If there’s something wrong with the WARBL I’m happy to replace it, and I’ll always accept returns if you’re not satisfied with it for any reason.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
tsu

Post by tsu »

ok, let me explain my situation... not new to midi or breath controllers, so thought this would be easy. using the warblr plugged in via usb.. triggering a few select kontakt vsts via the MidiGuitar2 program that works great as a vst host. the vsts are cc 2 breath controlled. and have got all this to work, pretty well when it does, but it doesn't work all the time, or if i leave it hooked up and come back an hour later.. totally nothing and rebooting doesn't help. most the time i can get warblr to control the vsts in 'keyboard" mode rather than "breath" mode. not that expressive.
you do have a lot of vids out but nothing that goes step by step to actually get it functional. i've had it all set up before a show and then nothing when its time.. very frustrating. so what am i missing here? do you need more info?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, thanks! Is this on a PC, Mac, or iOS? If you're on a PC, you're probably aware that a MIDI device can only connect to one MIDI app at a time, so if you've connected to the WARBL Configuration Tool you'll need to completely close your web browser before opening your VST app, and vice versa. That's a very common issue on PCs.

When it stops working, is the WARBL no longer recognized as a MIDI device, or is it specifically the breath control that stops working? I assume you've saved your changes after you've mapped the breath pressure to CC? If you leave your device for an hour or more, does your device go to sleep during that time? Some devices will power down MIDI peripherals when they go to sleep, so you may need to unplug/plug the WARBL, and if you haven't saved any changes in the Configuration Tool, those will be lost when the WARBL is powered down.

Just out of curiosity, does this issue occur with other MIDI apps, or just with the MIDIGuitar2 app?
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
tsu

Post by tsu »

alright i think i have it figured out now. seems to be working good in midiguitar2 and cakewalk. always a learning curve. i'm using it to trigger some kontakt vsts, i also use the same sounds using the midigutar2 and the tec breath controller triggered by my guitar. here's acouple shots of how i have it set up in the config tool.... anything look like it needs tweaking to be optimal? https://gyazo.com/4b90dc2dd927cad5b16bf4e3fbe2b193

https://gyazo.com/4b90dc2dd927cad5b16bf4e3fbe2b193

thanks for the help
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great, I'm glad you have it working better now! Those two links appear to be for the same photo, but what I see there looks fine (maybe one photo was meant to be of the pressure/CC mapping)?
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz