Initial thoughts

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
2Dog

Re: Initial thoughts

Post by 2Dog » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:27 pm

i am thinking appearance but the original poster may have other desires. I feel the form factor is perfect as it is but if somebody wants it longer there are other options besides making the WARBL larger.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Oh, sorry, I was thinking you were the original poster.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 pm

I've added a custom GHB vibrato algorithm, which I think is a vast improvement and can be applied to other closed fingering systems. I'm going to add a thread about this in the "Report bugs and request features" section.

Fiddlerwill, thanks for your suggestions on this!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz

Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:27 pm

Id really love a matching pair of longer chanters!! Needs more space between the bottom two fingers for the birl . And its a familiarity thing as well , the gap is normally the largest between all the fingers. Cheers

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:59 pm

I've started a discussion about the longer chanter here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=101

Any additional feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz

Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi im the OP the longer chanter is to facilitate technical moves not for appearance . The expanded spacing , a PC space fingering would be fine . Cheers

danjcla

Post by danjcla » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:15 am

2Dog wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:27 pm
i am thinking appearance but the original poster may have other desires. I feel the form factor is perfect as it is but if somebody wants it longer there are other options besides making the WARBL larger.
I wonder if any of the 3D printing technologies are able to produce strong enough cylindrical enclosures. Because if they are, there would be the ultimate appearance hack: design and print your own custom enclosure.

(@admin: Is the CAD for that available somewhere? I was able to find PCB CAD and Source Code, but not enclosure CAD.)

Also, since cylinders are so easy to machine, I wonder if there are any affordable one-off metal cylinder w/holes CNC shops online... Or if it's standard internal diameter, and you had a drill press, that nifty tool I'm forgetting the name of to make drill holes really nice, and a hacksaw, it likely wouldn't be too hard to make your own enclosure, depending on how exactly the internals are attached to the enclosure.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:28 pm

When I have a chance I clean up the enclosure CAD and make it available on the site. It's been on my TODO list for a while ;)
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz