Chords

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
2Dog

Chords

Post by 2Dog » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:47 pm

The WARBL is capable of triggering chords using Midi Chords on Mac and Navichord and ChordPolyPad on Ipad. I have worked with the afore mentioned chord apps and you will most likely have to have a set up for each song using the existing fingerings would cover most songs. (1 note per chord) I have worked out a system for playing most chord types for my AE10 but the WARBL would need to have the capability of getting full chromatics in at least 6 octaves similar to the AE 10.

2Dog

Re: Chords

Post by 2Dog » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:53 am

This is the closest I have ever gotten to emulate a believable guitar on a wind controller. Used sax fingerings in bag mode. Hosted Roli Noise Steel String Guitar In Cubasis on iPad. Used wireless BTLE into ChordPolyPad to get the diffrent strums and chords and put the chords in the first octave only. Overblow and Cc74 being sent to get that flute sound. https://soundcloud.com/michael-homan-89 ... eel-guitar

danjcla

Post by danjcla » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:20 pm

Was that piece supposted to sound kina atonal?

For demo purposes, would be interesting to post both a real-guitar version of some well-known meldoy along with the WARBL version.

But in any case, thanks, that was really interesting! :-)

2Dog

Post by 2Dog » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:11 pm

Agree and I didn't feel the piece was particularly musical and I struggle with developing a system to play chords along with single notes. I try for awhile, give up and then try again later. Maybe some day but I doubt it will come close to the capabilities of a guitar or keyboard. I am just enjoying the journey and I learn something every-time I try. I have accomplished using the WARBLto trigger chords using single notes using some software and apps but that was not what I am after.

On the other hand, when I can play the Harmonica effectively my plan is to play the melody on the Harmonica using a neck rack and using the WARBL in bag mode for the chords. I am still in the rather large learning curve and I am not close to being musical using both instruments at the moment. Some one better skilled on both could accomplish this right away.