Firmware update error

Feel free to post any broad WARBL questions or comments here.
pipo

Firmware update error

Post by pipo »

Hi Andrew,
first off -- thank you so much for this. As a maker of electronic music, but who's only developed musical skill is irish flute, this is bringing my worlds together in a big way. I've got a problem though:

When I try to update firmware I get this problem when I get my pulsing green light

No serial port became active.
Please try again:
(1) Press the reset button on the Arduino board and keep it it pressed down.
(2) Click on the Upload button.
(3) After clicking on Upload, release the reset button on the Arduino.

Advice?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Firmware update error

Post by admin »

I’m glad your enjoying WARBL so far!

It sounds like you’re working with a Mac, correct? Those steps 1-3 in the error message you got are for a different type of Arduino, so you can ignore those. On WARBL instead of holding and releasing the button you double-click it. It sounds like you’re already doing that correctly if you’re getting the pulsing LED.

I haven’t actually done this on a Mac, but one thing you can try is double-clicking the button after clicking “upload”, to see if that makes a difference. If that doesn’t work we’ll pursue other options. Thanks!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Having read the AVR Tools web site again, I believe that you do need to double-click the WARBL button after clicking “upload”, meaning that I have it backwards in the user manual. If that works for you I’ll correct the user manual.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hopefully this worked for you. Someone else verified for me that you need to click "Upload" first, so I've updated the User Manual.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz