WARBL on a Chrome Book?

Use this forum to ask questions about procedures for connecting with MIDI host devices and apps.
grobin

WARBL on a Chrome Book?

Post by grobin »

I have a Pixel Go Chromebook and I installed Fluid Synth Midi on it, brought up the Google Chrome browser, and configured and connected with Fluid Synth Midi. It seems to work well with the built in Piano sound fount with my new WARBLE whistle - but I can not import the .sf2 whistle file. It does not even see the .sf2 file. Does this Android Fluid Synth use a different format. I don't have to get this fully running on my chrome book but it would be nice if I could. Any help would be appreciated.
gonzoB

Re: WARBL on a Chrome Book?

Post by gonzoB »

Are you going about it in the right way?

Go to Settings >Soundfont>Select and you should be able to point it at your downloads folder, or wherever your whistle font is.

It should be able to see the file. There is a glitch with some android systems that can load the file but not select the preset, but that's not your problem?

Mine's on an Android phone, but it should be the same.

Gonzo
---------------------------
Gonzo Projects Page: https://gonzos.net/projects
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmm, I'm seeing the same problem on my son's Chromebook. I'm pretty sure it used to work, but FluidSynth had some major updates recently, and now it no longer seems to see the SF2 file. I'm going to see if I can contact the developer about this.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
grobin

Post by grobin »

I import the sf2 file all the time in FluidSynth in Windows and also have done it in my cell phone BUT in the Chromebook it does not see the sf2 file at all - and I tried other folders as well with no luck.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I heard back from the developer and he’s going to look into it. He hadn’t tested the new version with a Chromebook but he’s going to get his hands on one.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I just heard from Phillippe that he has fixed this issue in v. 2.0.22 of the FluidSynth app. Hopefully it should now work fine on Chromebook.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
grobin

Post by grobin »

I am getting closer with the updated FluidSynth. I can now import the sf2 file and it shows up in the appropriate place now and seems to loaded BUT no matter what I do - it plays the piano. I can't get it to play the whistle. It may be something dumb I am doing but I don't know. Has anyone tried the new version of FluidSynth and actually get whistle sounds out of it?
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

Go to Settings, and see what is listed under "Loaded Soundfonts". It should be your imported sf2 file.

If not, your sf2 should be listed in the "Available Soundfonts". If it is, click on it, and it will be loaded.

If not, then you need to import it, then it will be listed as "available".

Once it's loaded, go back to the main screen, and click on the button to the right of the big 1 (Channel 1). That will bring up the presets inside the soundfont. Select the WARBL, then go back to the main screen, and next to the big 1 should be the Warbl.

You should be good to go....

Gonzo
---------------------------
Gonzo Projects Page: https://gonzos.net/projects
tellparksy

Post by tellparksy »

Hi Andrew. I'm having trouble getting fluid synth to play anything but the same sound from the Warbl Configuration tool. I have followed all of your previous instructions very closely from your post reply on Sep 26, 2021.

1. Imported the sf2 file into the Available Sound Fonts.
2. Clicked to add the sf2 file to Loaded Sound Fonts.
3. Once it was loaded, I went to the main screen and clicked on the button to the right of the big 1 (Channel 1).
4. Selected WARBL_whistle 1.sf2
5. Went back to the Main Screen and confirmed that WARB Whistle is listed on Channel 1.

...and after doing all of this, I still get the same generic Warbl sound. By the way, I keep the Warbl Configuration Tool settings on default as well. There is also another loaded sound font in the Fluid Synth called Chaos_V20.sf2 and I attempted to use that one too, but I still get the same result no matter which instrument I choose. Below I have attached a few screenshots of my settings in Fluid Synth. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :D
Attachments
Screenshot_20220608-150032_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg
Screenshot_20220608-150032_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg (243.27 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
Screenshot_20220608-150026_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg
Screenshot_20220608-150026_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg (183.72 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
Screenshot_20220608-150018_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg
Screenshot_20220608-150018_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg (218.6 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
tellparksy

Post by tellparksy »

Hi Andrew,

Here's a couple more screenshots of my settings to follow up on my previous message. Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_20220608-150336_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg
Screenshot_20220608-150336_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg (104.25 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
Screenshot_20220608-150049_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg
Screenshot_20220608-150049_FluidSynth MIDI.jpg (126.4 KiB) Viewed 2405 times