how to get warbl to play with ipad

Use this forum to ask questions about procedures for connecting with MIDI host devices and apps.
Habo

how to get warbl to play with ipad

Post by Habo »

I have the warbl app on my ipad - it seems to be connected - but I do not get any sound.

Is the Warbl app enough?

Do I also have to run Opera rather than Safari.

I am a new user and very disappointed.

Please help if you can.

I could use a step by step guide to getting my warbl set up on my ipad.
admin
Site Admin

Re: how to get warbl to play with ipad

Post by admin »

Sorry for the delay-- I've been away for a few days.

You'll need a MIDI app to produce the sound-- Celtic Sounds is a good basic one to start with. You'll download the free WARBL app to change settings on the WARBL itself, and then a MIDI app like Celtic Sounds to produce the sound. To get started, you can likely just open the Celtic Sounds app and play, without using the WARBL app. However, you will likely soon want to use the WARBL app to adjust settings and possibly calibrate the sensors. I would suggest starting by watching the third and fourth videos here:

https://warbl.xyz/videos.html

Feel free to respond here or email me if you have further questions.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
basta108

Connecting to W Config Tool

Post by basta108 »

Hi Andrew,

I'm having problems getting the Warbl configuration tool to recognize the Warbl even though the green light comes on the Warble itself.

I'm using the Apple camera lightening adaptor - the one with a charger option as well as the simpler one. Same issue with both. Apple just came out with an update promising to resolve the issue connecting with the camera lightening adaptor. But since the update, it hasn't worked.

When I go to Celtic Sounds, I get a one note sound that's very jarring. On Thumbjam the same thing.

I've done factory reset, tried the configuration tool on Chrome to no avail.

Thanks for your help
B
admin
Site Admin

Re: how to get warbl to play with ipad

Post by admin »

Interesting-- does the WARBL still connect to the Config Tool normally on other devices, i.e. a Mac or PC?

Could you tell me what iOS device and iOS version you're using? It also might help if you could install the free MIDI Wrench app, which will display all MIDI commands sent from the WARBL. If you can play a few notes and tel me if anything shows up in the MIDI Wrench console, that will be a good start.

Also, I didn't realize that there had been an issue with the Lightning adapter. Do you what the issue was and which update was supposed to fix it?

Thanks!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
basta108

Config w Warbl

Post by basta108 »

The issue resolved itself . No idea how. But seems to be working again :-)