Puc+

Use this forum to ask questions about procedures for connecting with MIDI host devices and apps.
Batmandolin

Puc+

Post by Batmandolin »

Hello, does anybody know why the PUC+ works for Bluetooth for all apps but for Celtic sounds? That’s the app that I use most often and that is the one that doesn’t work haha. It works perfectly fine in sampletank and universal piper, but not Celtic sounds. It will play anywhere between one and a few notes before it keeps playing the same note and doesn’t stop until I close out of the app. I’m playing on a new iPad.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Puc+

Post by admin »

I’m surprised to hear that because I’ve used the Yamaha BLE adapter with Celtic Sounds without issue. One thing you could try is to monitor the MIDI messages that the PUC+ is sending using MIDI Wrench to see if there’s anything weird that it’s sending. Other than that I’m not sure. FYI, ThumbJam has some of the same sounds as Celtic Sounds (the same uilleann pipes and flute, and a different tin whistle and low whistle) and works well with BLE in my experience.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Batmandolin

Post by Batmandolin »

Awesome! Thanks for the advice, Andrew!
Batmandolin

Post by Batmandolin »

So I did these in the wrong order. I downloaded thumbjam and did not care much for the Celtic instrument sounds. I downloaded the midi wrench and just having it open solved all of my problems! Haha. Thanks again Andrew
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Oh, interesting! One of the mysteries of MIDI! You might find that ThumbJam is fun to play with even if you don't use it as a Celtic Sounds substitute-- it has a lot of functionality and you can record your own sample, which is challenging but fun.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Batmandolin

Post by Batmandolin »

Yeah, I noticed that it has a lot of functionality. I couldn’t even figure out if there was a place to change the key hahah. Definitely something to play with in the future. I mostly just wanted to get this figured out for our upcoming gigs!

Thanks again, Andrew