IPad Pro (USB C) and IPhone 12 Pro Max (Lightning)

Use this forum to ask questions about procedures for connecting with MIDI host devices and apps.
CavityandLacey

IPad Pro (USB C) and IPhone 12 Pro Max (Lightning)

Post by CavityandLacey »

Hello, I have just ordered a Warbl and am now looking at connectors. I am based in Scotland and was just about to order the correct apple connectors for both my IPad and Iphone but realised that as I wanted to be able to play the Warbl silently on occasion I would need some form of adapter or probably a Hub. I have noticed a few posts that have highlighted issues with these items and wondered if any UK users of warbl have been able to source suitable hub etc. The link to ones recommended by the maker of Warbl are to Amazon USA. I cut and pasted the description into the AMazon UK but didn’t find anything suitable that mentioned that it would play with a MIDI controller.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Re: IPad Pro (USB C) and IPhone 12 Pro Max (Lightning)

Post by admin »

I did a bit of searching on the UK Amazon site, and I'm 90% sure that this adapter will work for the iPhone:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unitrox-Adapte ... 198&sr=8-9

The description mentions MIDI, and it looks just like that one that I use. Many of these are identical items sold under different brand names.

For the iPad, I haven't actually tested and hubs because I don't own a USB-C iOS device, but I believe that pretty much any USB-C hub with a headphone jack *should* work. Here's one exasmple that looks like it would work:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maxhood-Multip ... 08&sr=8-11

If you search for "usb-c hub with headphone" in Amazon you'll see other examples. Most have a cable, which are less compact but may be preferable if your iPad has a case that may interfere with the plug.

Hopefully that helps-- just let me know if you have any other questions.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
CavityandLacey

Re: IPad Pro (USB C) and IPhone 12 Pro Max (Lightning)

Post by CavityandLacey »

Thank you .