Off the grid?

Use this forum to ask questions or make comments about using the WARBL Configuration Tool.
123dwight

Off the grid?

Post by 123dwight »

Does the configuration tool work in places that don't have internet connection? I like to camp in places that don't have cell phone coverage. (I'll stop and see your store the next time I pass thru Bend Oregon.)

Thanks
Dwight
admin
Site Admin

Re: Off the grid?

Post by admin »

Hi Dwight,

If you're using an iOS device, if you open the WARBL app while you still have internet and then don't "force-close" it, you should be able to use the app after you lose internet. Force-closing the app will require it to reload the page next time it opens.

If you're using a different device like a WIndows or Mac laptop, you can download this version of the Configuration Tool, which will always run on your device instead of from the internet (if I make changes to the Configuration Tool they won't show up in this version unless it is updated):

https://warbl.xyz/WARBL_Configuration_T ... 0_1100.zip

Generally speaking, the idea with the Configuration Tool is that you won't need it as often once you set up the WARBL how you like it, but I certainly understand wanting access to it if you're experimenting with settings on a regular basis.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
ChasJ

Post by ChasJ »

This is a really annoying thing about the configuration tool. Ideally it would be a free standing app on 'ios' and 'android'
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry about that! I'll make it a priority to talk about this with the maker of the iOS app.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Mikef

Post by Mikef »

Hi Andrew
I have very poor Internet and have been experiencing problems with the Warbl Configuration page freezing. This can be somewhat annoying so I tried to download the zip file you recommended above for android windows users a d got a 404 error stating that I am not a user. I would appreciate having a notification telnet version on my tablet whilst I learn how the Configuration software works.
I have only been using my Warbl for a few days so any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, I hadn't updated that version of the Configuration Tool. This link should work:

https://warbl.xyz/WARBL_Config_Tool.zip

After downloading and unzipping this, you should be able to open the file called "Configure.html". That version should work without any internet connection.

Freezing of the Configuration Tool can also be the result of a Chrome bug-- Chrome will often freeze if you unplug a MIDI device that is still connected to the page. To avoid this you can close the tab in Chrome or navigate to a different page before unplugging the WARBL.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just in case anyone missed the announcement, the latest iOS version of the WARBL app (Config Tool) does now work without internet. The only time internet is needed is when you first install the app and if you want it to receive an update.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz