Bag configuration

Use this forum to ask questions or make comments about using the WARBL Configuration Tool.
Batmandolin

Bag configuration

Post by Batmandolin »

Hello! I’m new to the warbl and the forum. I assume this is posted somewhere and I have overlooked it but…what is a good way to set the configuration tool with the bag attached so there is not a constant note when I am not squeezing the bag. I assume it is in one of the breath configuration settings but have yet to figure it out.

Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Re: Bag configuration

Post by admin »

Good question, and sorry if it’s not clear in the documentation. With the bag you’ll want to select “Learn or enter pressure” instead of “Calibrate at startup”. That will let you enter a higher pressure at which notes will begin to play. You can then either enter a pressure (maybe try around 4?) or squeeze the bag at your desired pressure for playing notes and then clicking “learn”.

That will set the pressure for initially playing notes. If you’re also using the bag to control the register (for uilleann, for example), you’ll also want to be sure to turn off the “vented mouthpiece” switch and also click on “Advanced…” and then “Bag defaults”. That should get you in the right ballpark for controlling the register.

You’ll want to be sure to save your settings after making any of these changes.

Hopefully that helps, but let me know if I can clarify or elaborate.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Batmandolin

Post by Batmandolin »

Thanks, Andrew. I’ll give that a shot!
Batmandolin

Post by Batmandolin »

Worked perfectly! Thanks, Andrew. Loving the product btw!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great, thanks!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz