Vented Mouthpiece toggle

Use this forum to ask questions or make comments about using the WARBL Configuration Tool.
Frizzygirl

Vented Mouthpiece toggle

Post by Frizzygirl »

Warbl config app is saying I have the latest ver but I do not have the vented mouthpiece toggle. It's just not there!
Is that right?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Vented Mouthpiece toggle

Post by admin »

Sorry for the confusion-- I changed that about a year ago, so now instead of vented vs. closed, it's bag vs. breath. If you're using the big vented mouthpiece you'll just want to use the "mouthpiece" setting. I don't expect many people use a "closed" mouthpiece any more, though I do still include the little tube for the time being, so this made more sense to me.

The thing that that toggle does is chooses between the two groups of settings in the "Advanced" panel, so it's just a shortcut for changing those settings. If you want to adjust the settings and you have the "breath" option selected, you'll go into the Advanced settings and adjust the sliders in the breath settings (right) column.

I thought I had removed all the references to the "vented" toggle in the documentation-- did you find one somewhere? Or in a video?

Thanks!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Frizzygirl

Post by Frizzygirl »

It's in this video: https://youtu.be/kADmn6e9BsY
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks-- I'll add a comment to the description.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
waltercool

Post by waltercool »

Hey Andrew, question about this. Is it possible to change between bag vs breath with a button instead of the website?

People who plays bagpipes may be interested to change between chanter mode and bagpipe mode without creating a separated instrument.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry no, it's currently not possible to assign a button to this, so the only option would be to create a separate instrument and use a button to switch instruments.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz