Input pressure settings

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
gonzoB

Input pressure settings

Post by gonzoB »

I'd like to have the max/min input pressure settings shown on the slider. Maybe like so:

Maybe the boxes could be spin-boxes or similar, so that it's easy to fine-tune the pressure settings. I find it difficult to reliably set the pressures with the slider.

Note that the positions that they are in at the moment are what I'm using.

Gonzo
---------------------------
Gonzo Projects Page: https://gonzos.net/projects
admin
Site Admin

Re: Input pressure settings

Post by admin »

Thanks for this suggestion—I should be able to add this. I’m currently working on adding a number of features to the Config Tool. I believe I can make it so you can manually enter values in lieu of using the sliders. I agree they are a little finicky. On iOS, double-tapping on one of the panels will zoom to the extent of the panel, which makes the sliders quite a bit more manageable.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

Further on air pressure...

I expect max volume to occur at about 6"H20 (according to the graph on the config tool). I can get the graph to go to 20", but who uses that? Do pipers expect to have to blow really hard? My experience with clarinet, sax, tin whistles, recorders is that they use much lower pressures. I'm just wondering why the max pressure is set so high.

Gonzo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Are you referring to the default input pressure for mapping CC, velocity, etc.? You can change that to whatever value you’d like, or am I misunderstanding the question? I guess for the defaults I just set them all to the extremes without thinking much about it and figured whoever uses those mapping settings would want to change them anyways.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

Ah, sorry about the confusion. I'm assuming that the max input pressure on the configuration slider corresponds to somewhere near the max on the graph. On the slider I set the pressure to give max volume to well below the 50% mark, so I was wondering which users would set the slider at 100%.

Gonzo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, maybe no one would set the input pressure to the maximum, although if you’re using a bagpipe bag it is much easier to apply that much pressure. I just figured I might as well give the option of using the full range of the sensor.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just to follow up, the new version of the Configuration Tool that is being released with the 2.0 firmware does have units added to the sliders that change in real time as you move the sliders.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

Just tried the new slider and it's good. Well done.

Gonzo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks! I'm glad you're happy with it. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz