Sending velocity

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sending velocity

Post by admin »

Hmmm, so if you have the output minimum slider all the down, tongued notes always have a velocity of 1? I'm getting the full range of outputs, with little difference between tongued and legato. I can't think of another setting that would affect this offhand. Just to make sure we're using the same code, would you like to try the attached compiled hex file? To install it with Windows you install the little QMK Toolbox app found here:

https://warbl.xyz/documentation.html

Thanks!
Attachments
WARBL_1.8.ino.hex
(58.91 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

OK, downloaded that hex file, installed QMK, and tried to flash.
The PC detected the reset button double click then I got this:

*** Auto-flash enabled
*** Caterina device connected: Microsoft USB Serial Device (COM3) (239A:000D:0001)
*** Attempting to flash, please don't remove device
>>> avrdude.exe -p atmega32u4 -c avr109 -U flash:w:"C:\Users\brg\Desktop\WARBL_1.8.ino.hex":i -P
C:\Users\brg\AppData\Local\QMK\QMK Toolbox\0.0.17\avrdude.exe: option requires an argument -- P
Usage: avrdude.exe [options]
Options:
-p <partno> Required. Specify AVR device........ etc.

What am I missing?

Gonzo
---------------------------
Gonzo Projects Page: https://gonzos.net/projects
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ugh, I’ve seen that before—I believe it’s because you have some conflicting Arduino drivers on the same machine. If you have a different machine that might work, but it might be easiest to get the files one more time and compile them yourself— I can’t think of another reason why the velocity isn’t working other than that we have different files, but then I’ve been wrong plenty of times before :)
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

OK, different machine, and the flashing worked.

However, same result.

Then I started testing... I discovered that if I blew into the (non-vented) mouthpiece without my lips touching the tube, I got velocities above the slider-set minimum. If my lips touched the tube I only got the minimum. I changed to the vented mouthpiece (and changed the config appropriately), and bingo, it all worked.

Then I loaded for the 1.8 .ino version from the IDE, with the same result - it was not a program compilation issue.

So, I'm thinking that you have a dynamic over-run situation for the non-vented mouthpiece - the initial peak is very high, and it overloads the sensor. You can't get that with the vented one, as there is always a leak. Something like that???

I thought it might have been because I have reduced the maximum air pressure to about half-way, but after re-setting it to the max, I got the same result.

Anyway, it's working correctly with the vented mouthpiece now. Over to you!

Gonzo
---------------------------
Gonzo Projects Page: https://gonzos.net/projects
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, good to know! I’ve only been using the vented mouthpiece, so that explains it. I’ll test it with the closed one when I can find some time. It sounds suspiciously like another issue of overflow, or something along those lines.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz