Tabor pipe?

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
Eliel

Tabor pipe?

Post by Eliel »

Hi

Just wondering if it’s possible for this to support a tabor pipe fingering

I’m a whistle player, but also own a tabor pipe.
It didn’t take long to learn the Tabor, but I find starting on the second octave awkward for the music I’d like to play. I’ll have to buy a low d tabor pipe if I want to continue with it. Unless the Warbl can fill that slot. It could be interesting play the Warbl with one hand and accompaniment on your phone with the other.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tabor pipe?

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion. I did have someone else request this a few years ago, and the thing that is a bit tricky is making WARBL play multiple registers by overblowing. I looked at it a bit, but it would require a substantial rewrite of the code to make it work, and it's gotten complicated further by other features that are related to overblowing. So, I unfortunately don't see it on the horizon unless someone else would like to work on it. Sorry about that! I agree, it would be very cool.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Eliel

Re: Tabor pipe?

Post by Eliel »

That makes sense.
Looks like adding in the pinky couldn't add in enough overtone control if that's the case.

Thank you for the reply