Suggestion: Dynamic Control w/Momentary clicks

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
Oliver

Suggestion: Dynamic Control w/Momentary clicks

Post by Oliver »

Scenario:
Under Vibrato and Slide settings choosing option 1 (Slide and vibrato) creates for quick finger action, running up and down the instrument with accuracy and speed. Selecting option 4 (Legato Slide / Vibrato) sacrifices accuracy and speed for fantastic smooth pitch bending (down and *UP*) without pops.

Perhaps it would be possible to map Click 1, 2, or 3 (under Button Behavior settings) to *momentarily* switch from option 1 to option 4 (under Slide and vibrato settings). Or *momentarily* switch between programmed instruments instead of cycling through, getting the best of both worlds.

Is this a good idea?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Dynamic Control w/Momentary clicks

Post by admin »

Thanks for this suggestion. I’ll do some experimenting to see if this would work, but it sounds like it might be feasible. I believe when we switch instruments there's a slight pause because WARBL has to load a lot of new settings from memory, so probably just switching the slide/vibrato mode would make sense.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Is this still on the table? Looking to further enhance the expression of the midi flute. Bought a midi ring to bring pitch bend to the warbl...it works great except the ring needs to be recalibrated on the fly every once in awhile. I think what we talked about earlier would be a more superior solution.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, yes it's still a possibility. I've been waiting to make changes to the firmware because someone else is currently adding some features to it, but I'll try to take a look at this soon.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

has this idea been scraped?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My apologies, I neglected to look at this in the last update. I'll put it on my list for the next one. I'm afraid I can't guarantee that I'll add it because I've been pretty swamped with feature requests, but I'll at least see what it would entail. Sorry again that this slipped my mind!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

appreciate you getting back