Transient note filter not saving

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
gonzoB

Re: Transient note filter not saving

Post by gonzoB »

Ok, results:

2.1 with original fingering chart - TNF doesn't work

2.2 as downloaded - TNF doesn't work

Tested on Ubuntu with Chrome, and on IOS app.

I was thinking of somehow resetting the whole instrument, but then I'd have to re-key all my settings, which would be a pain.

Gonzo
---------------------------
Gonzo Projects Page: https://gonzos.net/projects
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, thanks-- this has me totally stumped because it's working for me with all firmware versions and on all platforms. I'll sleep on it and see if anything comes to mind.

By the way, if you make changes to the "Advanced" breath settings like "threshold", "multiplier", "hysteresis", etc., do those get saved and reloaded correctly? Those variables are in the same array as the TNF value, so they should all get saved and reloaded together.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

I tested the Threshold and Multiplier and they didn't get saved.

G
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, thanks—we’re getting closer. I’ll sleep on it.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, it seems that for some reason that particular array isn't getting saved or isn't being reloaded at startup, but I can't imagine why. Because it seems to work fine with the new WARBLs I have here, the only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with using a custom version of the firmware. Without having it here to diagnose, my best suggestion at the moment would be to resave the factory settings so you're starting with a "clean" device, test that, and then try adding your custom fingering chart back in.

If you want to save all your settings, you should be able to use the import/export option at the bottom of the Config Tool (you have to export the settings for each instrument individually).

To overwrite the EEPROM with clean factory settings, you can uncomment this line in setup() in the 2.2 version I attached yesterday (line 491):

Code: Select all

// EEPROM.update(44,255); //can be uncommented to force factory settings to be resaved for testing (after making changes to factory settings). Needs to be recommented again after.
After you install it, the LED should blink three times indicating that the factory settings have been resaved. Then, you'll need to comment out that line again and reinstall.

Hopefully (fingers crossed), that will solve the problem. Then you could import your saved settings and try your custom chart again.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

Ok, I'll try it.

"the import/export option at the bottom of the Config Tool" - I'm missing something - where is this?

Gonzo
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It should show up at the bottom of the page, in all versions except the iOS app:

https://warbl.xyz/configure.html

ImportExport.jpg
ImportExport.jpg (26.86 KiB) Viewed 718 times
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

OK, I was using the IOS app, so I couldn't find it.

I've done the complete reset with the un-commenting of line 491, loading the firmware, rebooting the instrument, commenting line 491, loading the firmware.

Now I find:
- I can't save instruments -they default to factory setting on re-plugging, and the LED doesn't flash when saving the settings
- the exported settings don't have ALL the settings - the breath CC range is wrong, as is the fingering, and probably a lot else that I haven't investigated yet.

I think something's terribly wrong. Before I did this I had played the instrument for 2 hours with the cable I'm using for programming. It performed faultlessly (using 2.2 firmware and my fingering chart)

Oh also, the finger sensor calibration is cactus too. I can't make the thumb or LH1 show on the graphic when doing an auto calibration.

Note that the LED does flash on plugging in, and when clicking the connect/disconnect button.

Gonzo
Last edited by gonzoB on Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
gonzoB

Post by gonzoB »

OK, it's fixed.

I think.

All of the above was done on Ubuntu/chrome.

I switched to WIN10, and got no further.

I switched to IOS and was able to calibrate the finger sensors and save a config to the instrument. I then switched back to WIN10/chrome as the screen's bigger and re-did all the settings. The TNF now works. It seems it needed a config write to the instrument to initialise it???

I returned to Ubuntu/Chrome and was able to read the TNF and other settings, but it still refuses to write settings to the instrument. There's some problem with that arrangement.

Anyway, the instrument is back working, and I have TNF.

Gonzo.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, sorry for all the hassle!

To summarize, in order to make sure I understand the situation at this point: Everything is back to normal now except that the Config Tool on Ubuntu is only reading settings from the WARBL and not sending settings to the WARBL, correct? Does this seem like the same issue that was happening last week on Ubuntu? When you change a setting, the LED on the WARBL doesn't blink, is that right?

One thing I'd like to confirm, when you use the Arduino IDE, do you disable the CDC as described at the bottom of the README:? https://github.com/amowry/warbl

You do have to have IDE 2.0 or later to do that.

I find that it's fairly important to do that (making the WARBL class-compliant), because having an open CDC port can cause communication issues on some systems (I haven't used Ubuntu, but maybe it's one of those?).
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz