Vacillating between octaves

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
Phlox

Vacillating between octaves

Post by Phlox »

Hi all,

Quick question: I use my WARBL as a high D tinwhistle, and sometimes when I've been playing for a while and hit a D or E on either octave, with any fingering, it starts vacillating between octaves very rapidly (like "brrrrrr"). Pausing for a while sometimes fixes it, and sometimes wiping down the sensors with a kleenex sometimes fixes it. What should I do to troubleshoot?

I have also noticed that sometimes I can hear something very small rattling around the bottom of my WARBL, and am wondering if there's any connection between that and the error-- maybe it gets caught somewhere funny? I've tried to gently jiggle it out but it seems pretty firmly situated at the bottom of the whistle. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Vacillating between octaves

Post by admin »

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this! I'm not sure if the octave issue and the rattle are related, but the rattle concerns me as there shouldn't be any loose parts in there. Are you located in the U.S.? If so, would you be able to send it back to me so I can take a look? If you're located outside the U.S. I'll more likely just send you a new WARBL because of the higher cost of return shipping. If it's easier you can email me at info(at)warbl.xyz.

Thanks!

-Andrew
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Phlox

Re: Vacillating between octaves

Post by Phlox »

Sure thing, and thanks much!