New GHB vibrato added

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
admin
Site Admin

New GHB vibrato added

Post by admin »

In the attached beta version I've added a "Custom" vibrato algorithm for GHB. If anyone wants to test it I would greatly appreciate it. This version also contains the other additions listed in the changelog: https://github.com/amowry/warbl/blob/ma ... angelog.md

The vibrato is designed to work better with closed fingering systems like GHB. After updating the software, you will be able to turn on the "Custom" vibrato switch after selecting GHB fingering. The vibrato is available for the right index and middle fingers, and instead of bending notes down, it bends them up if one of those fingers is lifted (only if that doesn't trigger a totally different note from the fingering chart). The vibrato is cumulative, meaning that if both fingers are lifted it will bend the note upward twice as much, but only until your maximum vibrato depth setting is reached.

This basically assumes that notes playing with closed fingering should be in tune, and ones played with open fingering will be sharpened slightly. I think this will behave much more like the real thing than the "standard" vibrato does.
Attachments
WARBL_1.6_Beta_3.ino.hex
(59.47 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Re: New GHB vibrato added

Post by admin »

I also made this "custom" vibrato available for Northumbrian pipes in the attached latest beta version. None of the custom vibrato options can be used at the same time as slide/glissando, but I may try to make that possible.
Attachments
WARBL_1.6_Beta_4.ino.hex
(59.93 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz