Size suggestion

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
miledh

Size suggestion

Post by miledh »

Hi. Looking for a "Celtic" alternative to the EWI 5000 I found your midi controller. Congratulations, it looks very good.
One suggestion would be to make it bigger. For me, the ideal size is that of an F Whistle Tenor.
In any case, I'm looking forward to you putting your creation on sale as it is now.
Greetings from Galicia, Spain.

(Sorry for Google translator :D )
admin
Site Admin

Re: Size suggestion

Post by admin »

Okay, thanks, I'll take that into consideration. One of my reasons for making it the size of a D whistle was portability, but if there's enough interest I'll consider scaling it up to a bigger size once I have the standard version in stock.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
gerard

Post by gerard »

I like the idea of it chanter shaped and slighly larger, warbl similar to a C gaita chanter, which alos might add some weight to it. but happy to wait, its great as it is.
miledh

Post by miledh »

OK, thnaks for te answer and great job :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Phil53

Post by Phil53 »

Great device! First impression was that a way preserving the hands to mouth distance of a D whistle or soprano recorder would be good. That may be familiarity rather than ergonomics. Maybe just a longer mouthpiece tube in the box.

Following from gerard's suggestion of the Susato whistle head - a Generation Bb head also fits nicely.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks! I see what you mean about the hands-mouth distance. I expect a longer mouthpiece like the Susato might help with that some. At some point I'd like to look into having some mouthpieces made, and I could design them to add the correct length to bring the hands into a more natural position.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Sylvain Dhautel

Post by Sylvain Dhautel »

Hi,

I'm UP and low Whistle player and I agree with the size of F low whistle which must be better for left hand position (piper grip).
Greeting from France
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will make a longer version at some point, as it sounds like there is quite a bit of interest in it, especially from UP players. It probably won't be for a while, as I'm still working on rolling out the "standard" version, but when I things have calmed down a bit and I find some time, I'll start thinking about this and I'll ask for suggestions for specific length and hole spacing.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill »

Image Image Image