Intermittent problems with notes sounding when not touching bag

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
2Dog

Intermittent problems with notes sounding when not touching bag

Post by 2Dog »

For the past two days I had, mainly at night, a problem with notes sounding on their own. It works fine most of the day. It starts off like the sound of a geiger counter and then it is constant. I can still finger notes but when I remove my hands it still sounds. The only thing I have found that stops it is to switch to bagless mode but then it doesn’t respond at all. Thought it might be an app or my wired connection so I unplugged it and connected it to the PUC+ but I could see the lights indicating it was sending midi without touching the bag. When it happens again I will use it in breath mode and try other things to see if I can figure it out. Any suggestions? I’ll send Andrew screen shots of my settings and a recording of the sound if it happens agin.

Update 6/9 - Played it in bag mode all morning and no problems. Didn't change any settings from last night when I was having a problem.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Intermittent problems with notes sounding when not touching bag

Post by admin »

Are you using “learned” pressure? It’s pretty difficult to use the “calibrate at startup” option with a bag, especially if you don’t squeeze the bag when you plug WARBL in. I could see how if you don’t do one of those two things then small atmospheric changes could cause a note to play without squeezing the bag.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz