A different slide request

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
da3v

A different slide request

Post by da3v »

In recorder fingering, (maybe tin whistle too?) it would be wonderful if there were an option for slides to go all of the way down to the target note instead of stopping at a half step above, then jumping to the note. I understand the usefulness of having accurate half-covered hole behavior, but there are a lot of times that it would be nice to make a smooth approach the full way to or away from the actual covered note. Is this something I am alone in wanting?
admin
Site Admin

Re: A different slide request

Post by admin »

The slide should currently bend all the way down to the target note. It may be that your MIDI synth/app has the maximum pitchbend depth set to one semitone instead of two semitones (the default for most synths). What synth or app are you using?
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
da3v

Post by da3v »

Ah, so I’m not alone in thinking that would be nice! :)
I’m using Kauldron with some wind controller specific patches from https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=11s&v=3Ov6AH5gnOw

I had set the pitchbend radius to 2, but it should have been 4. With the radius set to 4, I bend all the way to the note, then get the note re-trigger when I seal the hole, which makes sense. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okay, great. I guess that a setting of 4 with those particular patches gives you a range of two semitones.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill »

Im having this issue useing pocket piper . Universal.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In the Universal Piper “Lab” version that I have on my iPad, you can set the pitchbend range. I’m not sure about the pocket version, though.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill »

Yes im resigning my self to useing the ipad for the chanter, means i can control the effects as well
Ok thanks
Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill »

Where is the pitchbend in the ipad app?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's hidden ;) I don't have my iPad in front of me, but I believe pitchbend range is in the "harmony" tab, in the lower right corner, under "vibrato and fingering". I believe it's little wheel that you turn.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill »

Cant quite catch it yet . Next time your with your ipad....