New WARBL mouthpiece

Information about software updates and other news.
admin
Site Admin

New WARBL mouthpiece

Post by admin »

I'm now shipping the new tin whistle-style mouthpiece with all WARBLs (orders placed November 21st). This is 3D printed from tough food-grade nylon that meets all the necessary certifications. It improves the breath response, making it easier to play staccato and use special techniques like flutter-tonguing. It has slightly more back-pressure than a standard whistle so it still requires less air, but behaves much more like a real whistle than the previous vented "tube" mouthpiece. It also completely isolates the air stream and moisture from the device itself, directly air and moisture out the small port in the back. I've also made it available by itself at cost ($15) for those who already own a WARBL.
IMG_3988_1.jpg
IMG_3988_1.jpg (255.23 KiB) Viewed 4751 times
Cross section:
mouthpiece-cross_section.jpg
mouthpiece-cross_section.jpg (33.82 KiB) Viewed 4751 times
To install this mouthpiece, first remove the rubber stopper from the WARBL, and push/twist the mouthpiece firmly in place. It is a tapered fit to accommodate slight variations in the outside diameter of the WARBL itself. I recommend turning on the "vented" switch in the Configuration Tool and using the default "vented" settings if you are using this mouthpiece.

I've also made the design file (STL) available for those who want to 3D print their own mouthpiece. I'm currently using HP Multijet PA12 with PostPro3D vapor smoothing.

https://github.com/amowry/warbl/blob/ma ... 3.0_mm.stl
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
jimhanks

Re: New WARBL mouthpiece

Post by jimhanks »

Brilliant! Highly recommended retrofit for all existing WARBL users - unless you only care about the bagpipe thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5j05DjeNXc
Frank Dudgeon

Post by Frank Dudgeon »

Excellent video. Thank you jimhanks.
elg

Post by elg »

Is there a way to narrow the exit port or otherwise restrict the airflow out of the vented mouthpiece? I find the air volume needed to be a bit higher than I'd prefer.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I’ve had requests for making it larger, but not narrower:). This actually actually reassures me because hopefully it means I chose a happy medium.

I expect you could carve a semicircular rubber plug to stick in there to make it smaller. I also just did a quick experiment with a heat gun—after getting the nozzle quite hot I was able to press the sides of it in with the flat of a screwdriver to make it smaller. That’s less reversible, of course.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz