Instruction book/website without tabs?

Use this forum to share what you've done with WARBL, e.g. videos, photos, or links to other sites.
PictishWolf

Instruction book/website without tabs?

Post by PictishWolf »

Hello! I got my WARBL and figured out how to make it work OK with my Android phone. I'm trying to teach myself to read music (music theory) and having some trouble. I don't know if it's because of my ADHD, but if I'm looking at music and there are tin whistle tabs visible, I cannot seem to focus on the clef; I only see the tabs. Obviously, the tabs are a lot easier to follow, but they're really not helpful to me for learning to read the notes on the clef. I've managed to find sheet music without tabs for a few songs that I can play on my WARBL, but I've played them so many times now that I have them all memorized. I've thought of covering the tabs with something (masking tape, etc), but that would be pretty time consuming and I would prefer to spend that time practicing instead. Does anyone have any suggestions for a tin whistle book or website that doesn't provide tabs? I know that's probably not what most people would prefer, but thought I might not be the only one looking for this. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Instruction book/website without tabs?

Post by admin »

Grey Larson’s flute/whistle book is really great, and I don’t think he uses tabs in it. Another excellent resource is the session.org, which has many tunes online in sheet music format. It can also play tunes out loud so you can hear how they sound, and you can make a free account and save your own tune book. Highly recommended!
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz