A whistle soundfont for Android/Windows users

Questions discussions about the things that actually make the sound, i.e. MIDI apps, synthesizers, soft synths, etc.
fhenryco

Re: A whistle soundfont for Android/Windows users

Post by fhenryco »

I'm also using this soudfont on linux with fluidsynth. It's good but probably not as good as using the celtick sound module app on IOS (?): one apparent drawback is that the D (lowest accessible note overblowing) is much louder than the B or C (highest notes with normal blowing).
and i have also the feeling of much more resistance to the air flow with B and C. So i'm looking for the simplest and most economical way to get an IOS device: i'm wondering if a MACOS VM in virtualbox could be all right (latency issues ?) , any feedback will be wellcome.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I’m not sure about the virtualbox question, but I will say that my iPhone 6s still works great with WARBL, with very low latency, and would probably be pretty inexpensive used. It also has a headphone jack, which is a plus.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
fhenryco

Post by fhenryco »

thanks. i managed to run a MAC VM on a non MAC computer but this is probably illegal : my access to the app store seems to be blocked... so indeed iphone 6s is probably the cheapest solution, thanks. I'm wondering wether making all those IoS apps running on linux would be a lot of work since MACOS is based on Linux...(?)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It seems like it might be possible, but I'm afraid it's beyond my level of skill and knowledge :),
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Brigid Daniel

Post by Brigid Daniel »

Hi there,
I have got Warbl to work on two android tablets and my phone with fluidsynth. However, I am keen to see if I can get it to work on my Windows laptop. But when I google fluisynth I am not seeing any straightforward way to download it onto my laptop. The fluidsynth page seems to be full of complicated versions, but there is no obvious 'download' button for windows. Am I looking in the wrong place? Can anyone give me a pointer or link?
Thanks a lot, I am finding the Warbl great for silent practice in situations like a small caravan, or out in the garden.
Brigid
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Brigid,

I'm actually not sure if there is a similar version of FluidSynth for Windows, but I've used SForzando, which has similar functionality. You can use the same whistle SoundFont with it. This video tells how to install it and set it up on Windows:

https://youtu.be/6sdFDlUcr04
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Brigid Daniel

Post by Brigid Daniel »

Thanks so much Andrew. I'll play around with that.

All the best
Brigid
Brigid Daniel

Post by Brigid Daniel »

Sorry, that link is for sensor calibration - can you point me to the correct link please? Tha ks, Brigid
Brigid Daniel

Post by Brigid Daniel »

It's ok Andrew, I found the youtube link. I've got to work on the laptop as well now, thanks so much. It is very pleasing to follow instructions that work!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great, I'm glad it's working. Sorry for the link-- I fixed it in case anyone else needs it.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz