Noise App

Questions discussions about the things that actually make the sound, i.e. MIDI apps, synthesizers, soft synths, etc.
2Dog

Noise App

Post by 2Dog »

Using both the TEC Breath Controller and the WARBL to control MPE. WARBL is in bag mode and I use the sax fingerings. Had to use MIDI Flow app to joing the two midi streams and to filter the pitch-bend as the Noise app did not respond well without it being filtered. I could have sent pitch bend from WARBL but it was it was hard to control in bag mode and use the other controls. https://youtu.be/CiOV6TvqbTw

One 0f the problems with using two platforms (Mac OS and IOS ) your WARBL and TEC settings get different, and most of the time undesirable, results when you switch platforms, even using the same developer's apps. I get everything responding the way I want using Roli Equator on Mac and only the WARBL responds well on Roli Noise on ios. I had to use Midiflow to modify the pitch bend on the TEC as there is no ios tool from TEC and I don't want to change it's setting as it will screw things up on Mac. Midi flow remapping is not ideal as you can't graphically see the midi pitch bend response in real time like you can with the TEC software tool. You can only hear the resulting sound as you tweak. You have to use a host (AUM or Audiobus 3) for Noise as the stand alone does not play in the back ground. You may get different response when using the AUv3 version also. I wish there was an ios tool that lets you graphically see midi pitch bend. Miidi Tools does has a graphically display of other parameters using it's Curve tool but pitch bend is not one of them.