Oh Dear! Just can't get my head round the software.

Questions discussions about the things that actually make the sound, i.e. MIDI apps, synthesizers, soft synths, etc.
Fiona

Oh Dear! Just can't get my head round the software.

Post by Fiona »

Hello folks.

I got my Warbl yesterday. Very excited.
I plugged it in to my laptop and got in to the settings - just with the basic reed sound of course, but making sense and playing a bit of a tune.

It's gone downhill from there. I've read about what other software i need, and just can't make it happen.

I've spent hours trying to get something loaded to let me choose whistles, and pipes and other instruments via the same laptop.

Can any one give me an idiots guide - well the name and possible source of progammes/apps to do the synthesizing of the sounds and a player they are compatible with?

I found one... FluidSynth MIDI.. which loaded as an app on my android phone, but just get a zipped file I can't make any use of when try it on my laptop. (I can't get it to plug in on my android (samsung) phone either. It just pops out of the usbc. I've ordered and adapter - but couldn't find the one on the video...)

What have I been doing wrong :-)

thanks

Fiona
admin
Site Admin

Re: Oh Dear! Just can't get my head round the software.

Post by admin »

Hi Fiona, I’m away this week so I’ll have to keep this a bit brief for the moment, but on a Windows laptop you could try SForzando, following the procedure in my video below to set it up with whistle sounds:

https://youtu.be/6sdFDlUcr04
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm home now, so feel free to let me know if I can be of more assistance with this.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Fiona

Post by Fiona »

Sorry, it's me again,

I revisited all you've said - see I actually have two threads, this was the first one- and I've given up on my android phone with warbl.
I've given it all plenty time to read through things and try others! (I know much more about warbl have read the whole manual through again)

I've gone back to try Sforzando on my pc again. I followed the video again - thanks.

Finally Sforzanda recognises the warbl is 'available', and that I'm blowing into something, but whatever I do is always the same note-like the test note on the configuration tool, but without that open. (It does change sound to things on the app, but still one note.

I thought I'd just been too busy to give it enough time at the beginning of the year - but now I'm really frustrated!

I'm hoping I'm doing something really silly and newby like... Had screen shots of my settings, but they wouldn't attach. (Not my lucky day on the computer.

Fiona
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Fiona,

Feel free to email me your screenshots (info(at)warbl.xyz) if that's easier. If you're only getting a single note with the WARBL, that typically indicates that the sensors need calibrating. You can try that or just try reverting to the factory settings, which can solve a lot of miscellaneous problems involving settings that have accidentally been changed. To do that, just click "Restore factory settings" in the upper right of the Configuration Tool. To calibrate the sensors, you can follow the instructions in the user manual or this video:

https://youtu.be/R7Xl5Db8QDM

I should also mention that if you aren't able to get it working properly I'm always happy to accept a return for a full refund. Or, of course, if there's something faulty with the device I can replace it. If I recall correctly it was working properly at first, is that correct?
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz