Equator

Questions discussions about the things that actually make the sound, i.e. MIDI apps, synthesizers, soft synths, etc.
2Dog

Equator

Post by 2Dog »

Finding some of the best synthy sounds using Roli's Equator on Mac and Noise and Seaboard 5d on ios. The sounds were designed to get the most out of MPE, the latest expansion of the midi protocol. MPE is designed for keyboards so they can have separate control on each key. Other filters are opened as you run your finger up a specially designed key "slide". I found that WARBl could control most of the sounds but lacked control of the "slide". Later discovered by mapping pressure to cc 74 I could control the entire sound. https://youtu.be/XmMuv1Du41Y Using WARBL in bag mode with sax fingerings Bluetooth LE midi to Macbook. If you want to control "press" you will need to map to aftertouch or channel pressure using Midiflow on ios or Midi Pipe on Mac. Don't think WARBL can send aftertouch. Using pressure to cc 74 does interfere with over-blow and getting the third octave but if you are properly set up it may not be noticeable.