Thumbjam scales

Questions discussions about the things that actually make the sound, i.e. MIDI apps, synthesizers, soft synths, etc.
ralphsilat

Thumbjam scales

Post by ralphsilat »

Is it possible for Warbl to play the different scales in Thumbjam or just its instrument sounds?
2Dog

Re: Thumbjam scales

Post by 2Dog »

I have never gotten them to respond to a midi controller so I think they only respond to touch. Most of the apps that have touch interface are designed for that and midi seems to be an afterthought.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I believe that's correct, THumbJam just plays whatever note the MIDI controller sends it. Some more sophisticated MIDI apps will let you remap notes. Universal Piper, for example, lets you do that to some extent.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
ralphsilat

Post by ralphsilat »

I discovered a way to let Warbl to play the scales, guys. Problem is, I switched on a whole bunch of stuff in ThumbJam so I'm not entirely sure what did the trick. Haha. I'm guessing it was this:

Prefs>MIDI Control>Input Options>Input Scale Lock>Input White Keys Only w/ Scale Lock

I'm not sure but I think it not even be necessary to have 'Input Scale Lock' switched on. It does seem rather redundant.

2Dog, I believe you'll want to have 'Input Scale Lock' on but 'Input White Keys Only w/ Scale Lock' off if you want to control ThumbJam with a MIDI keyboard controller. I figure that will override the default Touch setting. But I've never actually tried it.

It's interesting to note though that, regardless of the fingering I select using the Warbl Configuration Tool, the instrument invariably plays like a recorder. If only ThumbJam would let Warbl play F# and C#...

The slide, vibrato, pitch bend and expression settings still work altough I find it necessary to fine tune them in ThumJams Edit>Controls menu.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cool! I just played with it a little bit. I actually didn't realize that ThumbJam had so many options for MIDI input.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz