A different slide request

Use this forum to report bugs or request new features for WARBL, including fingering chart suggestions.
admin
Site Admin

Re: A different slide request

Post by admin »

Sorry for the delay— here’s a screen shot. It’s the little wheel at the bottom right next to the “Vibrato Pitchbend” switch.
Attachments
7B902D3B-8F14-48E5-8010-9660768125C8.png
7B902D3B-8F14-48E5-8010-9660768125C8.png (79.23 KiB) Viewed 5628 times
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill »

However i fiddle with this i have no joy? Still before i get to the lower note with glissando it cuts to the lower abruptly. Exactly what setting do you use ?
Glissando on or off makes no difference?

I cant slide up at all ? Is that right? And even at 400% it doesnt go all the way , am i doing something wrong? Tonget the most realistic slide up and down how do i set it? Is it perhaps in the WARBL app as well?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When you turn that little "wheel" in UP, it shows the "percentage" which I don't really understand, but if you set it to "0%", with the pointer toward the left as in the above screenshot, that seems to give a pitchbend of two semitones, which is what we want.

When you said that there's no difference with glissando turned on or off, are you referring to the Configuration Tool? With slide (glissando) there will never be a totally smooth transition because of the limitations of MIDI, but you should be able to hear the note sliding down toward the next lower one, and then a "blip" when it switches to the next lower MIDI note. When you slide up from the current note, you'll hear the "blip" first as it switches to the next note, but that note will be immediately flattened and then will slide up to where there is no pitchbend at all.

However, if you're saying that you're hearing no difference at all with slide turned on or off, there may be something else going on. Are you running a beta version of the firmware, or the 1.6 release version?
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

By the way, have you used slide with any other apps, or just UP? If we can isolate the problem to either WARBL or UP, that's probably he place to start. If you're on iOS, Thumbjam is free and will respond to pitch bend.
Andrew Mowry
info@warbl.xyz
Fiddlerwill

Post by Fiddlerwill »

Ok thanks ill get back to you on those questions. I have been useing thumb jam but with other hardware .
Latest firmware but i was refering to the UP.